Sunday, January 16, 2011

Where is my HOPE today?

A brief adoption update:
We are still in Kansas… our kids are still in Ethiopia… and my God is still on the throne! He is still trustworthy… still faithful… and still fully ABLE! He cares more about my character than my comfort… and for that I am truly thankful. As we have walked this road, there has been continuing opportunity of coming to terms with each “disappointment” or delay we have faced. When things don’t go according to OUR plan…we can look to the PLAN MAKER! Why do I always want to have some sort of say or control? Do I really trust You Lord? Where is my hope today?

I can’t imagine doing life without the Holy Spirit…He is our comforter, counselor, teacher, and guide in life… He seems to know just how to break through to me when I take time to listen. Sometimes He speaks so clear to me that I stand and wonder… wow, how did I never put that together before? Not getting what “I want” or what “I think is best” has really brought about opportunity to discover another powerful truth this week. Fresh revelation that energizes me and enables me to continue walking in joy and peace despite things not going according to MY plan. It’s not that I hadn’t “known” these verses before… but there is a big difference between TO KNOW (head knowledge) and TO KNOW (heart revelation). So here we go…

There is a verse in the Bible that says, “Hope deferred makes the heart sick”, and we all can see that happen often in the world we live in… but I know that God doesn’t want my heart sick? As I follow Jesus I must ask myself, WHERE is my hope today?? Is it in me getting my way and things going according to my plan? David must have asked himself this question too, because in Psalm 42:5 he says, “Why so downcast oh my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your HOPE in GOD, for I will yet praise Him.” Wow… each opportunity for disappointment in life is really a reality check to expose where I’m putting my hope because His Word promises us that “Those who hope IN THE LORD will NEVER be disappointed”.

The key… keep my trust and HOPE in HIM and I will NEVER be disappointed!! I remind myself that He sees the whole picture… that He loves our kids more than we could in a lifetime… He is all powerful…. He can part the Red Sea…He kept the boys from being burnt in a fiery furnace… not even smelling of smoke…He can open prison doors and set captives free… HE KNOWS the plans He has for us…plans for GOOD and not for evil, to give us a future and a HOPE… and lastly…if God is for us, who can be against us?! Thank you Lord that our hope is in YOU!! I trust your judgment over my own…your timing over my timing….your way is PERFECT… so teach me your ways. I want to mean it when I pray, “not my will but Your will be done”. Every day I can live in the realm of reason or I can live in the realm of confident TRUST in HIS WORD. I choose to HOPE in God today. ~ Mary

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I had a pastor once who gave a sermon called "Preach to Yourself." I've always remembered it. He used David as an example of a guy who could always preach his way out of a funk. Your post reminded me of it again. I was all fired up by the end of it! You not only preached to yourself, but you encouraged us too! Go on preachin' it sister!

Tonia said...

Hi! I recently stumbled upon your blog and it is beautiful! We are adopting from China and I was wondering if you could tell me where you ordered your puzzle from? I love the puzzle fundraiser idea! Thanks and blessings to you!